The 1st ASEAN Meeting
of Governmental Accounting Standards Setters
Bali, August 5-6, 2010
The Indonesian Governmental Accounting Standards Committee (Komite Standar Akuntansi Pemerintahan or KSAP) invites you to the 1st ASEAN Meeting of Governmental Accounting Standards Setters that will be held in Bali, Indonesia, on 5th ‐ 6th of August 2010. The meeting will provide an important forum for the interaction of different experiences between participants in order to enhance the understanding of governmental accounting standards issues in ASEAN member countries. The Meeting will also seek an appropriate organizational form of the ASEAN Governmental Accounting Standards Setter which could enhance the accountability and transparency of their respective government financial reports.
The two‐day meeting will begin with a registration on Thursday morning, August 5, 2010 and conclude at afternoon on Friday, August 6, 2010. Participants are expected to arrive on Wednesday, August 4, 2010.
- The Governmental Accounting Standards Setter of the Respective ASEAN member Countries, or similar institutions in charge of such standards, or agency in charge of governmental accounting report;
- Observers from nearby countries interested in Governmental Accounting Standards;
- Other regional/international bodies interested in Governmental Accounting Standards;
- ASEAN Secretariat Representative;
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of The Republic of Indonesia.
Each ASEAN member country participant is expected to prepare a short country report on the development of governmental accounting standards and its institution. We would accord certain slot of time to participants to deliver some presentation of the papers to the forum.
The registration is free. Participants should only bear cost of travel to and from Bali and hotel expenses.
The official language of the Meeting will be English.
Statement of Interest:
Interested participants should inform their willingness to join the meeting by sending an email to one of these email addresses before the first week of March 2010:
- A.B. Triharta : email@example.com
- Izharul Haq : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tio Novita : email@example.com